The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

The Road to States

Woodrow+Wilson+High+School+competes+in+state+competition+tonight+in+Charleston%2C+West+Virginia.+
    Beckleyflyingeagles-Instagram
    Woodrow Wilson High School competes in state competition tonight in Charleston, West Virginia.

The road to Charleston is here! For some teams, it’s hard to take regular season play into playoffs, but that is not the case for Woodrow Wilson High School’s Boys Basketball Team. On Thursday, March 7, they defeated rival, George Washington High School, 61-59 during the regional championship. They now have five wins in a row. (Senior) Elijah Redfern scored 21 points along with eight assists and three steals. Another outstanding performance came from (junior) Jalyon Walton who dropped a double-double on 13 points and ten rebounds.“The job isn’t finished,” Redfern states confidently. Woodrow continues their season tonight in the first round of states against Spring Mills at 7:15pm. The competition will be held at the Convention Center in Charleston, West Virginia. If we win tonight’s game we play the winner of Jefferson and South Charleston. The theme is maroon-out. Tickets can be purchased at lunches, or at the convention center tonight.