The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Running Into the 2024 Season

Woodrow+Wilson+High+Schools+female+track+team+runs+towards+a+great+season.%0APictured%3A+Nevaeh+Howard%2C+Lexi+Thomas+
Lexi Thomas
Woodrow Wilson High School’s female track team runs towards a great season. Pictured: Nevaeh Howard, Lexi Thomas

Woodrow Wilson High School’s Girl’s Track has begun their season, with flex practices taking place December through February, and regular practices starting Monday, Feb. 26th. The team this year consists of many multi-sport athletes, and they can compete with anyone in the state. Coach, George Barbara, started for Woodrow an assistant, and has been coaching since 2013. Last season, the girl’s team finished 3rd in the state, with 13 First Team All-State Athletes. Coach Barbara’s goals for this season include improving from the 3rd place finish at states last year. The athletes have been training well for this upcoming season.

If you are still interested in joining the team, Coach Barbara asks that you report to the track by 2:45 after school. Selections for the team are based on how often you show up to practice, how hard you work, and if you have a positive attitude. You must come with a physical to participate.

The schedule for this season has been posted. The team races locally at Indy High School on Thursday, March 28, Concord University on Saturday, April 13, and at Woodrow Wilson on Friday, April 19th.  The next meet will be conducted in Ripley at 10 a.m.