The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

We’re Off to See the Wizard in 2025

Woodrow Wilson High School’s Theatre Performance Group announces next show.
Woodrows+Theatre+Performance+department+goes+to+see+The+Wizard+in+2025%21+Auditions+begin+this+week%21+
WWHS Theatre
Woodrow’s Theatre Performance department goes to see The Wizard in 2025! Auditions begin this week!

Woodrow Wilson High School’s Theatre Performance department  is proud to announce that their next show will be, “The Wizard of Oz.” Bringing a great amount of prestige to the county for many years, the group is excited to once again perform on stage February 21-23 and February 28- March 2 of next year. Wanting to finalize a cast list as soon as possible, directors, Mrs. Jerri Stack and Mrs. Pamela Shrader will be hosting after-school auditions this week, April 15-17.

All applicants are required to perform a one-minute memorized monologue and a song that is two minutes or less. Musical selections should be sourced from Disney or Broadway. Students interested in a certain part are asked to reflect on their chosen character when auditioning. For example, a student wanting the part of Cowardly Lion should not portray a brave, serious archetype. First-time applicants have to submit two teacher recommendations in combination with their monologue and song. Before auditions start, an informational sheet must be completed. This sheet will include any previous acting, voice type, phone number, email, grade level, and parental consent.

If accepted into the class, students will be required to perform at Woodrow’s annual winter and spring concerts, in addition to “The Wizard of Oz” showings. During January and February, all lines, songs, and choreography must be memorized for mandatory after-school practices. “While it is a large time dedication, being in theatre performance will change the direction of your high school career. It is so impressive to see the collaboration of students working towards a magnificent performance,” shares three-year member, Cohen Shrader.

Switching back to tradition, Woodrow plans to rent costumes from a professional company. However, all set pieces will be constructed again by the Academy of Careers in Technology Set Construction department.

While auditions begin today, sign-ups are still open for Tuesday and Wednesday. Applications can be picked up in rooms D-12 or E-10. For more information and updates, please follow, “wwhs_theatre,” or contact Mrs. Pamela Shrader and Mrs. Jerri Stack on Schoology.