The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Tyle Asamoah: Finding New Discoveries

“Some life lessons don’t ever change. They need to be highlighted and they need to be remembered throughout our entire lives. But how you embrace them will distinguish you from the pack.” —Brooke Shields

Woodrow Wilson High School’s National Honors Society President, Tyle Asamoah, is set to graduate this spring. Known for her generous nature and kind spirit, Tyle is ready for the next chapter in her life. “I am excited to start something new, to witness a change of scenery.” During her time at Woodrow Wilson High School, she has participated in Theatre, Key Club, National Honors Society, Chorus, Tennis, Diverse Student Organization, and Next Step Club. This year was Tyle’s first time performing on Woodrow’s stage. Previously being a dancer for Karen’s Academy of Dance, she wanted to make one last performance before exiting her childhood. Academically successful Tyle has received Top of The Nest, SAT Promise score, and the National African American Recognition Award.

Planning ahead, she has ambitions of entering the medical field. While being accepted into many schools Tyle is still unsure of where she wants to attend. “I have always had a drive to support and care for others. I feel that the medical field would best use my talents in the art of Science. Watching people heal through my hands is a miracle I want to witness daily.” Schools under her consideration include Emory University, Marshall, and Northeastern. When free, Tyle enjoys watching television and cooking. Her favorite food to create is mac and cheese. Reflecting on the previous four years, Tyle offers this advice to the generation she leaves behind, “stay focused, be kind, and take care of yourself.”

Some of her proudest accomplishments are being an exemplary student, becoming president of the National Honors Society, achieving a Promise score for her SAT, and earning top ten within the graduating class. While thankful for all the many individuals who have touched her life, Tyle wishes to extend a special thank you to Ms. Carson McKinney and Mrs. Mary Jo Snow. “Both Ms. McKinney and Mrs. Snow have taught me so much while at Woodrow, not just about their respective subjects, but also about life. Their personalities and senses of humor bring great joy to my heart daily.”