The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Rylan Ellison: Crossing the Stage One Final Time

“The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to not waste your time. Though the school year felt slow, the years will go by in a blink of an eye. Therefore, I urge every student to take every opportunity that is offered to them. Make the best of all the time you have, because it doesn’t last forever. Make your high school memories last!”
Samantha Vaught

Known for his enthusiasm and brilliant sense of humor, Rylan Ellison is crossing the stage as a 2024 graduate this spring. Having mixed feelings about closing this chapter of his amazing story, Rylan reflects on his high school experience, “Being a flying eagle has been one of the best feelings I have ever experienced. The community of teachers, students, and staff have given me a sense of belonging. Though I am excited to graduate, I will miss the community that shaped me to the person I am. It will be hard to leave, but I know my heart will always be a flying eagle. I truly thank everyone for giving me the best high school experience.” During his time at Woodrow, Rylan has participated in the theatre performance program and served as an active member in National Honor’s Society.  He also is an Advanced Placement Scholar. Some of his proudest accomplishments include his GPA and receiving the award of “Top Of The Nest.” On stage Rylan has performed many roles, with the most recent being Tarzan’s human father. Planning ahead, he was accepted into Marshall University earlier this school year, with a desire to enter the medical field. “I am still unsure what branch I want to study, however I do know that my biggest goal is to help others,” he adds. Making an impact on his peers, Rylan strikes inspiration to those around him. Alexia Peña, junior, first met Rylan earlier this year in theater class. “Rylan is one of the kindest people I know. Every day he inspires me to be just as kind to those around me.” While thankful for all his instructors, Rylan would like to extend a special gratitude towards Mrs. Pamela Shrader. “I would like to thank Mrs. Shrader for everything she has offered me at my time here. Her cheerful disposition, laughter, and caring attitude helped me the most throughout my high school career. She has not only helped me feel more confident with my singing skills, but she also helped me feel more confident as a person. She has really pushed me to be the best that I can be! So, thank you Mrs. Shrader for everything.” The Eagle Dispatch wishes Rylan good luck as he enters his next chapter.