The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Woodrow Runs On Duncan

Beckleyflyingeagles- Instagram
“Work hard and go after your goals no matter what they are. You’re never too old and it’s never too late.”

Woodrow Wilson High School welcomes science teacher, Mrs. Megan Duncan. Though new to the school, she is not new to teaching, as this is her seventh year in her career. Both an alumni of Concord and West Virginia University, Duncan has a Masters in Teaching.

Driven by her passion and love for science, Duncan originally started the Pre-Med program at WVU after graduating high school. However, like most freshmen in college, she quickly changed her major and entered the world of education. Since then, Duncan has taught the field of science.

In her classroom, Duncan strives for students to remember why science is critical to learn about. “Science applies to every field. Everything we use is related to science: our phones, computers, even the human body and how it works,” she exclaims joyfully. In addition to being a positive role model, Duncan also has a mobile bakery titled Sugar Attack Cookie Company. “I just love baking, which is also a science. It allows me to connect with the community and give back. I do a lot of fundraisers for the schools as well.”

Excited about this new journey, Duncan shares that she hopes to leave a positive influence on students as her teachers have done to her.