The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

The Spirit of Homecoming

Student+Council+votes+for+Oct.10-Oct.13+Homecoming+themes.+
    Emily Keaton
    Student Council votes for Oct.10-Oct.13 Homecoming themes.

Woodrow Wilson High School’s Homecoming Week will take place Tuesday Oct. 10 – Friday, Oct.13. On Sept. 27 the student council of the school officially voted on the themes for Spirit Day. Each class was represented by its 10 respected representatives. Each idea was addressed by the groups and was voted upon. Kicking off the celebration of the week is Dynamic Duo Day, Tuesday, Oct. 10. Dress up with a pal as your favorite duo. Wednesday is Decades Day, a traditional and classic theme. Students are asked to dress in the attire of their favored decade. Pixar Day is Thursday, Oct.12 and Flying Eagle Friday serves as the end of the Spirit Week.

In addition to dressing up throughout the course of the week, preparation for the Homecoming Parade will be made. The 2023 floats will be Pixar themed, featuring Inside Out for freshmen, Sophomores as Monsters, Inc., Juniors as Toy Story, and Seniors as Up. Friday’s home football game against Princeton will also serve as an opportunity for the student body to dress up. The student section theme will be Halloween. Students and teachers are encouraged to participate in the Homecoming festivities of the week.