The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Community in Schools: Giving Back to Woodrow

Angel Burchett
Community In Schools (CIS) serves as a support system for students in need. Any student with a need for supplies, clothing, and/ or advice may find assistance in room E-5B.

Woodrow Wilson High School’s Community In Schools is a program dedicated to help students in need. Both Lindsay Flanagan and Jessica Kerbawy run the organization and have been responsible for it’s success on campus for the previous five years. Together they express that the operations main goal is to invest in both the current and future lives of students. “[CIS is a] investment in the lives of students and their futures,” announced Kerbawy.

The program consists of three tiers in supporting those in need. Tier one includes the passing out of materials such as supplies, food, and hygiene products. Tier two includes helping students with future planning and assistance with homework. The third tier includes the monitoring of grades, behavior, and attendance from both Flangan and Kerbawy.

Most of the materials are donated by members of the community. They are currently seeking support for the holiday season. Donations can be brought by anyone and are greatly appreciated. Both Flangan and Kerbawy prefer to be in contacted if you’re considering donating clothes.

If clothes, school supplies, hygiene products, or advice is ever needed within the community of the school, the doors of E-5B are always open. Please always feel free to knock or message ether Mrs Flanagan or Mrs Kerbawy on Schoology.