The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Mia Seiter: Student, Friend, and Goal Keeper

Leon Roden
    Mia Seiter serves as Woodrow Wilson’s female soccer team’s new goalkeeper.

Woodrow Wilson High School’s female Flying Eagle Soccer Team has a new goalkeeper, Mia Seiter. While she displayed her excitement about the new position on the team, there was also a learning curve. “It started a little rough! However, I think we are getting better and are improving with the movement of positions,” Seiter exclaimed. At first, she was not ecstatic about the new position, as she has always been on the field and never in the goal. “I had a hard time accepting it initially, but I realized my love for soccer isn’t just from a position, but the sport in general. I was very nervous, knowing I was stepping into a spot that was filled by an experienced senior the season before. Seeing what I can do on the field, and understanding the position better has helped me as well.” Recently, Seiter was nominated for student-athlete of the week at Woodrow. “‘It’s awesome to see the support from everyone voting in the community, and it just gave me that extra boost I needed to trust my abilities.” Overall, Seiter expressed her excitement for this season and how she is ready to see the potential of this group come together and achieve something great.

If you wish to follow the journey of both Mia Seiter and the Woodrow Wilson female soccer team as a whole, you can follow “wwhs_girls_soccer” on Instagram.