HipHop Hooray 5-K!

Courtesy of the Susan Landis Philanthropy

Daniella "D.J." Fragile, Social Media Manager/Features Editor

On your marks, get set and go! This is what you will hear at the 2nd annual 5-k held by the Susan Landis Philanthropy (SLYP) group. On March 25th, 2023, SLYP will hold the 5-k event at Woodrow Wilson High School. The course will start on the WWHS track and go through Woodcrest.

The event is open to all ages and registration is open now! For pre-registration, the cost of entry is $20 and includes a t-shirt. Upon checking in to the event, participants will also receive a goodie bag and will be entered into a raffle drawing. There will also be childcare available for participants who register their kids online.

According to the Beckley Area Foundation (BAF) website, SLYP is “a Beckley Area Foundation program that was created in 2016 to honor BAF’s late Executive Director” for whom the program was named after. “This program provides opportunities for youth to experience the three pillars of philanthropy: Volunteering one’s time and talents, raising money for the community, and awarding money to worthy charities. Adult mentors whose personal philanthropy, fundraising and volunteer activities are notable, serve as leaders of SLYP.”

To register go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hip-hop-hooray-5k-runwalk-2023-tickets-519808319677