The Eagle Dispatch

The Student News Site of Woodrow Wilson High School

The Eagle Dispatch

The Eagle Dispatch

Transferring Dual Credit: Eagles and Falcons Become One

Woodrow Wilson High School starts a new chapter of Dual Credit with Fairmont State University.
fairmontstate.edu

Dual Credit courses offered at Woodrow Wilson High School provide students the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit. Previously these classes have been offered through West Virginia University Tech. However, as of the 2024-2025 school year, students enrolled in these courses will be under the administration of Fairmont State University, Concord, and Glenville State. 

Dual Credit is open for grades 10-12 and includes history, English, and math alternatives. Psychology, Sociology, Civics, Algebra, Trigonometry, and English 101/ English 102 will be offered through Fairmont. All courses taken through the university will be completed online. Woodrow will provide supervisors for these courses-Michelle Stafford, Meribeth Underwood, and Timothy Carrico.

While FSU (Fairmont State University) provides immense options for students to choose from you may also select in-house dual credit options for a more hands-on experience. These courses include Spanish 3, Spanish 4, and Speech. Both Spanish classes are hosted by Ms. Michelle Clarkson in collaboration with Concord University. Speech is held through Glenville State and taught by Mrs. Jerri Stack.  

With new changes in Dual credit, numerous possibilities are present. A major benefit of this new collaboration is that more students will be able to be present for these courses. Additionally, the state has agreed to support this agreement by paying tuition for WWHS students. Restrictions of participation include having a grade point average equal to or greater than 3.0. For more information regarding Dual Credit please contact your councilor in the main office.