Senior Spotlight: Savannah Vance

L. Shrewsberry

Savannah Vance (pictured here with TED Editor Jacob Sloane) credits drama with making her the person she is today.

Landon Skeens, Writer

Savannah Vance is moving on from Woodrow Wilson as a graduate of 2023. Known for her colorful personality, amazing theatrical talents and cheerful attitude towards any situation, Savannah’s outlook for her future is larger than life. Although she hasn’t decided what college she’s attending, she wants to major in theater and biology. This will allow her to pursue a successful career as a wildlife biologist. 

Savannah is a member of several organizations at Woodrow. The president of the Drama Club, member of the theater performance class and member of art club are just some of the many hats she wears. She is also a member of Beckley’s Christian Theater and will portray Cinderella for their spring production of “Into The Woods.” Throughout her years at WWHS, Savannah has taken lead roles in two plays, portraying Ursula, from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid,” and Golda from “Fiddler On The Roof.” Savannah now is a student directing under Mrs. Stack and Mrs. Shrader for the next production of the theater performance class. “Theater has transformed me into the person I am today. There’s nothing that compares to pouring your entire soul into a performance and hearing the crowd cheer. It’s an indescribable experience and I implore everyone who can to risk doing it,” she said. 

In addition to being part of the many extracurricular activities mentioned, Savannah also enjoys painting and art in her free time.